Watch This!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Ponder this (rejoicing in sufferings):

"...in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." (Psalm 139:16b)

Every one of them "were written" by God.

They were specifically formed "for you."

Do you love the Lord you God? Does He love you? Perhaps you were foreknown, predestined, called, justified and glorified by God Himself (Romans 8:29-30--notice how they all necessarily flow from the previous?).

By the way, I'm asking if you're saved...

If so, then stop worrying and complaining about anything you might be worrying or complaining about. It has been put there by God Himself in order to burn off the impurities in your faith and make you more like Jesus. So, as I'm telling myself this I hope you can also see the wisdom in rejoicing in your sufferings (Rom. 5:3-5) and the foolishness of you complaints.

May you not have too many slap your forehead moments...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so true! He planned the essence of every single one of our struggles...to develop us into the person we need to be to ultimately bring about HIS glory! Not ours at all! How blessed are we to get to be a part of that!?

Thanks for the insight :)
xhopeful

i doubt you'd be too interested in my blog...but its worth a shot
http://xhopeful.blogspot.com/

Michael.Gabriel said...

Sorry grchv, but I don't think I could sign that petition. Not that I don't appreciate Martin's testimony, but if he really did commit the crime then, being that he has been converted, he should have no problem and even possibly invite the justice that he deserves according tot the law. On the other hand, I don't know enough about him to endorse him in good conscience. I wish you and him well, though.

xhopeful,

Thanks for the response! You're right, it's all about HIS glory, and that is the perspective that will keep bringing us joy. And this joy will be increased when we realize that He wants to give us a fuller glimpse of His glory as we progress in our sanctification and, ultimately, in our glorification after this life.

I tried to check out your blog, by the way, but it wouldn't let me in because I haven't been invited properly, I guess. But allow me to invite you to come back again. I've been trying to stay active on here and even brought on a couple other bloggers, but I've been extremely busy with work and so have they. Go figure. I have some things planned, though, so keep your eyes peeled.

Audrius Bieksa said...

thanks Bro for encouragement... just letting you know that i am still reading your blog...

Dramatized Exegesis